The use of content marketing has become widespread among digital marketers. However, it is often overlooked by healthcare marketers. The key to content marketing success is creating useful and engaging content that your target audience needs. The same goes for healthcare content marketing. It is a great way to attract patients and give them the information they need to make health-related decisions.
But what are some of the best practices in healthcare content marketing? In this blog post, we'll discuss several tips for creating effective healthcare content marketing campaigns that can help drive more traffic, engagement and conversions.
Following are some important things that healthcare companies need to remember when it comes to content marketing:
- Focus on the long-term: Content marketing is a long-term strategy. You probably won't see a direct return on investment in your first few months, but you will see results over time.
- Content marketing isn't just writing blog posts: Blogging is one of the most popular forms of content marketing, but there are many other ways to leverage your expertise and create content that's more engaging than traditional blog posts or social media updates.
- Build your brand: Your goal should be to establish yourself as an expert in your industry through high-quality information that helps people solve problems and make decisions.
Let’s now look at the 8 useful healthcare content marketing tips:
1. Use videos from healthcare professionals
Video is a great way to communicate with patients and answer their questions. It can also be used to show patients how to use a product or even how to take medication. Through videos, healthcare professionals can break down complex concepts and explain them in a simplified way to the patients. It’s also a great way to talk about the latest treatment options available in the market.
While creating a healthcare video, you need to consider the following points:
- It's important to understand what types of videos are most effective at reaching different audiences.
- Make sure your video is relevant to your audience.
- Don’t forget that the purpose of a video is to engage and inform, not just entertain.
- Use text overlays and captions so that even if people can't hear you, they'll still be able to read what's being said in the video.
- Use relevant images and diagrams if possible.
2. Use health quizzes
Health quizzes are helpful for a variety of reasons. They give people a chance to interact with your content and also find answers to their health-related concerns. They can be fun and informative, which makes them easy to share on social media. It’s also pretty easy for someone to answer the question without having any prior knowledge or experience in the field. Finally, make sure that they’re relevant to your target audience so that they will actually benefit from taking the quiz before they start answering questions related to it!
3. Collect patient testimonials & reviews
Patient testimonials and reviews are among the most effective ways to engage patients, build trust, and drive conversions.
What are they?
Patient testimonials can be in written or video format, where patients share their experiences about the treatment they received at your clinic or hospital. They can talk about their experience in general, or they may focus on a specific procedure or test that you offer.
Why are they important?
The main reason patient testimonials are so valuable is that other people who need your services will find them credible. A lot of people will be sceptical about trying out a new healthcare product or treatment option or visiting a new hospital. But when someone says something positive about your company, it helps overcome this scepticism and makes more people want to go through with booking an appointment or opting for your products.
In addition to having trustworthiness built through word-of-mouth recommendations, these types of content also help provide useful information about what treatments would work best for each person's unique body type/condition.
4. Include blog posts on relevant medical issues
Blog posts are a great way to share your knowledge and expertise with your patients. You might also be able to use blog posts as a vehicle for starting conversations with your patients, sharing important information that isn’t easily found elsewhere or even sharing healthcare industry-related news.
A well-written healthcare blog post can help you establish credibility as an expert in the field and establish yourself as an authority on healthcare content marketing.
5.Create how-to guides
How-to guides are a great way to teach patients how to do something. They can be written as a step-by-step process or as a list of tips. They can be text, video, or audio.
If you're wondering how to write a good health guide, here are some tips:
- Use images to make it easier for readers to understand the content and follow instructions.
- Make it fun by adding humour to your writing so that readers don't feel bored while reading your guide.
- Ensure you have credible sources, as this will allow you to provide accurate information about different topics in your guide.
- Proofread thoroughly before publishing your guide
6.Use visual infographics, ebooks, whitepapers, and playbooks
Visuals are more effective than text. They can include infographics, images, gifs and animations. They’re a great way to share information and help you stand out from the crowd. You can use visuals in newsletters, emails, social media posts or on your website. Moreover, you should always explore ways to use visual content for different channels in your healthcare content marketing strategy.
Another great content marketing idea is to send newsletters. You can send them to your patient database or your blog or website's visitors. It is important to include health information that readers will find interesting in the newsletter. Through this, you can establish your brand as a thought leader or build your credibility in any health-related issues.
While creating a newsletter, here are some points to consider:
- Use a catchy name and design to grab your audience’s attention and win you a high open rate.
- Publish only useful and relevant information and keep it short. This will help maintain high user engagement and build trust.
- Include links back to the main website, which will drive traffic back there, increasing the chances that someone will opt for your products or services.
- Include links back to other content published by the brand, such as blog posts or videos, which will drive traffic back there as well.
8.Run health-related paid campaigns
The purpose of health campaigns is to provide health information to the public. People are encouraged to adopt health-promoting behaviour and control imminent health threats. Running health-related paid campaigns is an essential part of any marketing strategy. When you invest in this type of content, you can expect to see a significant increase in traffic and conversions.
Healthcare content marketing is very different from other types of content because it involves highly regulated industries that are scrutinised by regulators at every turn. The rules surrounding healthcare content marketing are strict and change often. This means your team needs to have the right tools in place to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
As you can see, there are many ways to get your healthcare content marketing right. With so many different types of content available, it's important that you focus on what works best for your business and your customers. And if you wish to up your healthcare content marketing game, you can collaborate with a team of experts who understand the ins and outs of healthcare digital marketing.
Amura Marketing Technologies is a leading healthcare marketing agency with over 15 years of experience, an on-time delivery record, extensive market understanding, agile processes, and a team of 300+ digital experts. Through our effective content marketing strategies, data-driven MarTech solutions and full-funnel marketing approach, we ensure that your brand gets a digital edge. So, are you ready to rethink your healthcare content marketing? Get in touch with us today!
Leave a comment
Comments (0)Be the first one to comment.