Effective Ways to Run a Paid Facebook Campaign
Did you know? Facebook is the fastest, most effective singular platform for reaching your audience. You can reach millions of people within a minute due to over a billion active users – an advantage no other platform has.
Facebook has three most effective placements for running a campaign: Desktop Newsfeed, Mobile Newsfeed & RHS (i.e. Right Hand Side). Of these, Desktop & Mobile Newsfeed are more effective as their conversion ratio is far better than RHS. With this in mind, consider the following points while creating your Facebook campaign:
- First understand the product for which you want to run a campaign.
- What is the objective/goal of your campaign? It’s essential to understand why you’re running a campaign – whether it’s for generating leads or sales, driving traffic, creating branding or engagement – because every objective will have a different execution plan.
- What are the target areas/geography? Consider the country, state, city or particular region you’re trying to reach.
- What are the targeting groups? For example, first-time buyers, investors, NRIs, etc.
- What are the targeting sectors? For example, business owners, IT professionals, doctors, surgeons, lawyers, accountants, bankers, etc.
- Consider demographics: Such as the age and gender of your target group.
- Consider an interest-based campaign – you can target people according to their interests on Facebook.
- What is the budget and duration of your campaign?
After analyzing these points, you need to think about creating visuals & content that will fall in line with them. To create Facebook paid ads, you need effective content and images that blend well together as the output will decide your conversion ratio as well as the actual ROI. At Amura, we apply a number of dos and don’ts to create effective content and visuals for our campaigns:
- Always write content in a simple language that anybody can easily understand.
- While writing, focus more on the product and its defining, appealing features.
- Highlight any special offers right at the very beginning
- Add a call to action – enquire now, book now, buy, sign up, etc.
- Change your content fortnightly, it will help you improve your ROI
- Don’t use words which may be difficult to understand by anyone.
- Don’t write lengthy, wordy content –
Nobody reads lengthy text, so you should describe your product effectively and shortly – use the accompanying visual to ensure all your necessary information is communicated.
While running paid campaigns on Facebook, it is necessary to ensure that you’re using just the right image – it will help decide your ROI irrespective of the offers on your product and the value proposition of your product. After all, it is always challenging to improve your ROI, even when you have good offers and a renowned brand.
- 1.Use images that instantly, easily describe your product.
- Use only good quality images.
- Always use the perfect font and text colour for your image lines.
- Change the image every 3-5 days for improving your Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Don’t incorporate too much text on the visual – there is a 20% rule of text. Always try to describe your product shortly or write about any offer you may be running or use a tagline that perfectly describes your product. Try and wrap up your image content in just a line or two.
- Don’t use bad quality images; they are usually the main reason you won’t be able to engage your audience.
The ideal blend of visuals and text is what will create recall and engage your audience. Once you perfectly analyze and determine your target market, we’ve found that its much easier to run an effective paid campaign and utilise the potential of Facebook as an advertising platform.
Yogesh Thakre, Ruturaj Mokashi, Sahil Inamdar & Vaidehi Mirashi
Subscribe to Amura's Blog
Join fellow marketers and get Amura's latest marketing articles straight to your inbox.
Enter your email address below: