Established in 2012 by IIT Bombay graduates, Atomberg Technologies produces Gorilla Fans - technologically advanced ceiling fans branded as “India’s Most Energy-Efficient Fans” (saving 65% energy compared to traditional fans). In a country where 24x7 access to electricity is still a luxury, Atomberg’s founders felt it unfair that certain appliances consume more energy than necessary. Atomberg’s Gorilla fans come with BLDC motors, sensor less design, a proprietary smart motor tuning algorithm and permanent magnets to save up to 65% energy, eliminate any humming noise or heat loss, and as a result, increase run time on invertors as well. The fans also come with a remote offering sleep mode and timer mode. The company and its products have won a number of awards - including recognition from bodies such as WWF and State Governments.
A multi-platform approach was followed to facilitate sales, brand-awareness and last-mile delivery. The website was primarily used for brand awareness, engagement and as an e-commerce platform. Amazon and other vertical specialist platforms were leveraged to provide a last-mile delivery advantage to the users. This was facilitated with creative sequencing, continuous website optimisation and an integration with our marketing automation platform, Sell.Do.
Through Sell.Do, we reached our potential consumers as soon as they showed interest in the product. Once in the Sell.Do funnel, users were also exposed to micro-moment communication in the form of Emailers /SMSes and other nurturing methods. This personalised approach increased the brand consideration along with the purchase rate.
A mix of in-market and look-alike audiences were used to reach out to the right people; created using the users who had purchased the product in the past. Google Display Audience Insights along with Google Analytics were also used to identify the right audience.
• Awareness Audiences: To the aware audiences the communication focused on the points which would contribute to brand and product consideration. The key objective for this audience was to get the user to visit the website and fill the lead form.
• Remarketing Audiences: After the first exposure, once users spent considerable amount of time in consuming the information, we focussed on remarketing to them. Ad creatives focused on the competitive advantages, warranty and other information which would urge the user toward a purchase. Google Search RLSA along with Youtube Bumper and Display Ads were utilised for this phase and audience.
• Checkout Audiences: In order to target consumers who had reached the check out phase, but did not complete the transaction, a differential form of communication was used that revolved around the Delivery Time, FAQs, Buying Guides and more.
• Nurturing Communication: Users who did not buy the product but were stuck in the pipeline, were exposed to various communications with offers and product USP’s. We used Sell.Do to track and nurture leads from all platforms in one place, giving us end-to-end insights into each sale and thus handled attribution in an accurate manner.
The campaign strategy was coupled with an integrated measurement strategy to combine all the data from advertising, Google Analytics and CRM (Sell.Do)
- Making use of a custom attribution model to tackle the lag in purchase provided more efficiency in media planning and better insights of purchase behaviour. Along with this, AdWords was used for impression-assisted conversions, view-through conversions and other metrics.
- Google Analytics was integrated to track lead forms and purchases through e-commerce. This allowed us to check the drop-off rate at each stage of the e-commerce journey. We could then, accordingly, optimise the website and e-commerce portal to reduce drop-offs, increase engagement and boost sales.
- Post browsing the website, users had the freedom to also purchase the product through several e-commerce channels. We used Sell.Do to track and nurture leads from all platforms in one place, giving us end-to-end insights into each sale and thus handled the resultant attribution in an accurate manner.